Living organisms like humans, animals, and microbes require water as a source of survival. Not just for living organisms but water is also required to use for bathing, cultivation of crops, cook food which is possible with the help of a plumbing system. One of the most interesting things about the plumbing system concept was introduced by the Greeks, Romans, Persians, Chines, and Indians. For those working as a professional plumber is that there are a ton of facts about plumbing. These are a few ones that should be known.
- In today’s time, the hot and cold running water concept is a popular concept which we know. But in ancient times, it was the Greeks who had brought this concept. Plus, shower technology is another popular concept that was introduced by the Greeks during the early Olympic games.
- Plumbing pipes are commercially used and manufactured with the help of steel. However, the Egyptians in the early days used copper pipes to make plumbing pipes.
- When it comes to traveling of water from mountain to different cities, this concept was introduced by the Romans first.
- John Harrington, an individual had gifted a flushable toilet as a gift to Queen Elizabeth I. But there are rumors said by many that she was terrified with the gushing sound the toilet made.
- Alexander Cumming was the first popular individual known to have patented a modern toilet in the year 1775.
These are some of the most interesting facts about plumbing every plumber should know. Today, in the area of Coffs Harbour, bathroom renovations are done by a professional plumber.