If you were injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation for your damages from the party responsible. You can contact compassionate auto injury lawyers in Mississauga to get the legal representation you need.
When involved in an accident that was not your fault, it is important to act quickly in order to protect your rights. The following is a list you need to follow after being injured:
- Contact the police and file a report when they arrive at the scene.
- Collect important information at the scene if you are able to, such as the insurance and contact information of the other driver. You can also take pictures of damage to all the vehicles that were involved.
- Get medical attention right away.
- Get an estimate of the damages to your vehicle.
- Contact a reputable auto injury lawyer prior to giving out information to insurance companies.
When you hire an experienced auto injury lawyer to investigate your case, they will find out who failed to signal while turning, which person disobeyed traffic signals and signs, which person was driving above the posted speed limit, which person was driving under the influence of alcohol, who disregarded weather conditions, and much more.
Your attorney will focus on investigating every aspect that may have contributed to your accident to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
When looking to hire an auto injury lawyer for your case, there are some important factors you should consider. First, you must know the level of experience the lawyer has by making sure they know how to negotiate higher settlements, can deal with insurance companies, and have knowledge of what an injury like yours is worth.
Your attorney should also be able to communicate with you and provide you with the details of your insurance claim. You should also find out if you can afford the attorney's fees. During your consultation, your lawyer should provide you with information on their costs to see if it is affordable for you.